GeoLite/Google Maps/PHP to map site visits

Discuss applications of MaxMind's GeoLite products

GeoLite/Google Maps/PHP to map site visits

Postby Jobowo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:50 am

The subject says it all. The site logs the referrer ip on each page visited through an AJAX call to a PHP module. The module uses GeoIPLite to get the city,rgn, country and lat, lng for that IP and logs it all in a database. The report below is generated from that data. The green marker pin (should you try this) is you and if it isn't, it is probably because I'm not using the paid-for version! It's not elegant code but it works.

http://www.jbwalker.com/WalkerFownes/LogReport.php?rq=M

NB Please use this link if you do want to have a look. The rq=M distinguishes visitors from this forum from other visitors to the site. Thanks.
Jobowo

Oops!

Postby Jobowo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:15 am

Meant to thank MaxMind for a fabulous product. The freebie works just fine for my personal use (friends and relatives only).
Jobowo

Visits from MaxMind forum only

Postby Jobowo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Clicking the link above registers people visiting from this forum but doesn't show their flags on the map as I wanted to show the variety of flags but didn't want to mix up the two populations.

There have been 4 visits to this address in the last couple of days, enough to begin showing just the visits from this forum. Click this link if you want to see that; click the link above if you want to see a larger number of flags but NOT the ones from here.

http://www.jbwalker.com/WalkerFownes/Lo ... =M&categ=M
Jobowo

Last on this!

Postby Jobowo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:04 am

25 visitors to date. In case anyone wants the code it is posted at either of the links above.
Jobowo

Return to GeoLite Applications